Sweet and Sour Fish (Maya-maya)2011-12-23
- Servings : 2
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 35m
- 1 medium size maya-maya, about 3/4 k. a piece
- 1 small can sliced pineapple, cut into pieces, reserve syrup
- 2 thumb size ginger, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium size carrot, sliced thinly
- 1 large size bell pepper, julienne
- 1 medium size onion, quartered
- 1 stalk celery, sliced thinly
- 1/2 head garlic, chopped
- 2 c. tomato sauce
- cooking oil
- 1/2 c. sugar
Remove gills and innards of maya maya.
Using scissors cut fins and tails.
Wash fish thoroughly and slit cut diagonally at two locationsacross the middle, drain.
Season inside and out with salt.
Fry fish in a large frying pan until golden brown and skin crispy, Drain on paper towels. Keep aside.
In a sauce pan sutee garlic and ginger for 1-2 minutes.
Add in onions, celery and carrot, stir cook for 1-2 minutes.
Now add in pineapple and syrup, bell pepper, tomato sauce and sugar, cook for 2-3 minutes or until uniform consistency of sauce is achieved.
Correct seasoning with salt and sugar, cook for another half a minute.
In a big platter put fried fish and pour sauce over the fried fish.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe