Pancit Malabon Recipe2013-02-04
- Servings : 3-4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 45m
- 1 lb thick rice noodles
- 1/2 lb pork belly, boiled and sliced
- 1/2 cup annatto seeds diluted in 1/2 cup water (also known as annatto water)
- 3/4 cup shrimp juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce (patis)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 medium-sized onion, minced
- 1/4 cup pork rinds (chicharon), pounded
- 1/2 lb shrimp, shelled, cooked, and halved lengthwise
- 1/4 lb adobong pusit, sliced
- 1/2 cup pork rinds (chicharon), pounded
- 1 cup napa cabbage (pechay baguio), chopped then blanched
- 1 piece lemon, quartered
- 3/4 cup tinapa flakes
- 3 pieces hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted garlic
Cook the noodles according to package instructions. If you are using the traditional Pancit Malabon noodles, you will need to soak it in water overnight before cooking. Set aside.
Start making the sauce by sautéing the minced garlic and onion.
Add chopped boiled pork and cook for 3 minutes.
Add fish sauce and ground black pepper then stir.
Pour-in shrimp juice and annatto water and let boil.
Add pounded pork rinds (chicharon) then stir.
Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes then turn off heat.
Place the cooked noodles in a large bowl then pour-in the sauce and mix well.
Transfer the sauce and noodle mixture in a wide serving plate and arrange the toppings.
Serve with lemon or calamansi.
Incoming search terms:
- pagluto ng pancit malabon
- recipe for pancit malabon
Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe