Pakbet or Pinakbet (Ilocano Style)2012-01-04
- Servings : 2
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 40m
- 1/2 cup squash, cubed
- 5 pcs string beans, cut 3 inches long
- 5 pcs okra, sliced lengthwise
- 4 small whole baby ampalaya, only ends are cut off
- 1/4 cup patani (optional)
- 6 pcs eggplant, halved
- 3 pcs tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tbsp. ginger strips
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 pcs onions, quartered
- 1 tbsp. fish bagoong or shrimp paste
- 1/4 kilo bagnet or pork belly, fried until crispy ( for vegan, replace with fried gluten )
- 1 cup water
In a saucepan, arrange the vegetables in the following order: squash, string beans, ampalaya, okra, patani, eggplant, tomatoes, ginger, garlic and onions.
Top with bagnet (or pork) and bagoong (fish paste).
Add water. Cover and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer.
Slowly stir with a ladle to make sure that all portions are cooked.
Simmer until almost all the liquid is conserve hot. Good for four.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe