Chicken and Pork Menudo2012-03-18
- Servings : 4
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 45m
- 2 lbs. chicken, cut bite size
- 2 lbs. pork butt, cut bite size
- 2 pcs. potato, cut cubes
- 2 pcs. carrot, sliced round/thin
- 1 pc. red bellpepper, cubes
- 1 pc. green bellepepper, cubes
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 2 pcs. green onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 garlic head, crusched
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- sugar, salt and pepper to taste
- 3 small can tomato sauce
Saute garlic, onion and pork.
Allow the pork to cook first before adding the chicken.
Add 1/2 cup water and simmer till pork and chicken are fully cooked.
Start adding the veggies starting with potatoes, carrots and bellpeppers.
Add the raisins then the pineapple juice. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes in low heat.
Season with pepper, sugar and salt to taste.
Add the tomato sauce and simmer for few more minutes.
Garnish with thin slices of green onion and serve.
Incoming search terms:
- pork and chicken menudo
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe